Vitamin D Deficiency And Weight Gain – Ascertaining The Link Between The Conditions
Vitamin D Deficiency And Weight Gain are two associated problems that led people to be watchful about the results of having insufficient pro-hormone levels.
Although there are controversies that arise from the connection of the conditions, the link between Vitamin D Deficiency And Weight Gain is believed to be a consequence of the pro-hormone inadequacy in the body.
The insufficiency has been known to cause various undesirable consequences and it includes obesity. Although this physical transformation is not considered as serious as other side effects most people find it disturbing to end up suddenly gaining pounds over time.
Understanding The Connection Vitamin D Deficiency And Weight Gain
There is a hormone called leptin that is produced by the fat cells and that regulates food intake. This hormone is responsible for sending signals when the body or stomach is full and when it’s time already to stop eating. It is believed that insufficiency of the pro-hormone levels in the body disrupts the proper functioning of leptin and thereby affects its communication to the brain. This incapacitates the body to sense whether it’s time to stop eating and enables many people to eat excessively.
Obesity As A Cause Of Pro-hormone Insufficiency
The link between the two conditions does not only extend to the belief that the insufficiency causes obesity but also to the suspicion that having lowered levels of the pro-hormone is among the unpleasant results of being obese. Research show that when a person is heavier or excessively larger in size the pro-hormone which are circulating through the blood is eaten up by the fat tissue. This increases the risk for obesity and the person’s skin-fold measurements, body mass index and waist circumference are able to grow faster.
Strong Connection Of The Two Conditions
Winter seasons carry along two problems which are experienced by most people and one is considerably lesser sun exposure while the other is food shortages. Research shows that as people stay at home most of the time, the pro-hormone levels significantly drops and they accumulate more fats. Obese people tend to just stay at home and engage in limited outdoor activities therefore it reduces the pro-hormone levels due to lack of sunlight exposure.
Symptoms Of Obesity
There are several signs that are conveyed by your body to let you know that you are starting to get excessively heavier and this includes the following:
- Back and joint pains
- Sleeping problems
- Constant tiredness
- Excessive sweating
- Difficulties in coping up with physical activities
How To Prevent The Pro-hormone Insufficiency Obesity
- Among the basic things that you need to do to avoid getting extra pounds is to practice healthy diet and exercise. Engage in physical activities on a regular basis to get rid of the excessive fats that are eating up the pro-hormones and eat high fiber diet to maintain healthy body.
- Since fat tissues or cells absorb the pro-hormone you need to consume foods that can increase the pro-hormone levels and this includes fortified milk and food products which are loaded with the pro-hormone. Other strongly recommended foods may include the following:
- Egg yolk
- Beef liver
- Take fat-soluble supplements and foods which can increase the absorption of pro-hormones in the body. Also include calcium supplements as they are not just important in having healthy bones and maintain healthy levels but it also helps the body get physically fit.
- Increase your sun exposure by going out of a sunbath for 15 minutes. You may also engage in other physical activities that would require you to stay outdoors for a reasonably safe period of time.
- It is imperative that you regularly have your blood levels checked by your healthcare provider especially if you have diabetes or other medical conditions. You may need to increase you dose for the supplements in order to eliminate both the insufficiency and obesity.
For most people both Vitamin D Deficiency And Weight Gain can be alarming especially if both conditions are beginning to provide unpleasant physical and psychological consequences. The thing about getting extra pounds due to the insufficiency or the other way around is that you can easily get simple and easy treatment by just eating healthy foods, being physically active outdoors or by taking supplements. You only need to take care of your body internally and the results will manifest on your appearance.