Vitamin D Deficiency Treatment Options That Really Works
There are quite a number of Vitamin D Deficiency Treatment options that are available for those who are suffering from the unpleasant effects of having lowered amount of the pro-hormones in the body. The application of some Vitamin D Deficiency Treatment options may require caution while others are very plainly easy, safe and beneficial to use or practice.
There are various remedies available to increase the amount of pro-hormone in the body and most of them are simple practices that you can do regularly.
Tips In Having An Effective Vitamin D Deficiency Treatment
- Identify Symptoms – There are various symptoms and some are extremely unrecognizable. However, you must first be diagnosed with the insufficiency in order to be properly treated.
- Get A Diagnosis – A diagnosis is essential before getting treated ad it usually requires ex-ray examination and blood sample.
- Get Treated – This process usually takes weeks and even months to eliminate the symptoms depending on the severity of the medical condition that appears.
The Best Remedies Available
- Light Therapy – Exposure to the rays of the sun or ultraviolet B rays for 15 minutes is one way to increase the pro-hormone levels. You can do the light therapy three times a week without wearing sunscreen to allow the sun to penetrate through the skin and increase the pro-hormone production. Having fifteen minutes sun exposure is the right time frame to prevent the risk for sunburn or skin cancer.
- Healthy Diet – Change your food preference and always ensure that the food products you choose are loaded with the pro-hormone. You may eat oily fishes such as fresh tuna, mackerel, sardines, herring, trout, anchovies and pilchards. Also choose fish oils such as cod liver oil or egg yolk, small quantities of mushrooms, margarine and infant formula milk.
- Supplementation – This is initially done with higher pro-hormone doses for 6 to 12 weeks and then followed by lower doses thereafter. You can take a D3 supplements which contain 400 IU in a daily basis. The supplements are required to be continuously taken until the blood levels are back to normal. Taking the right supplements is essential especially when the sun is low in the sky or during winter seasons.
- Megadoses – Ergocalciferol is another form of the pro-hormone which is synthesized by yeasts and plants. This is ideal for people who have rickets and osteomalacia, can be given in a dose of 600,000 IU and can be administered orally or through injection.
Things To Seriously Consider While Under Medication
- Sun bathing is best done anytime between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm of the day.
- For individuals who are residing at the northern latitudes taking supplements on higher doses may be the only option that you have to correct the insufficiency. However, any increase of your dose should only be made by your physician’s instructions.
- After several months of the medication you may need to get another blood test as it is usually a basis used to adjust your dose.
- For people who are older or have darker skin you may extend your sunlight exposure to enhance the pro-hormone production.
- Never take supplements that contain 2000 IU unless advised by your healthcare provider. Taking amounts of more than 2000 IU may be toxic and may bring certain risks.
- Always bear in mind that taker one extremely large dose in a year can be dangerous and harmful.
- Rickets are usually treated with large doses of up to 600,000 nonetheless the dose should only be taken by the instructions of the doctor.
- Never use tanning beds in place for sun exposure and increase pro-hormone production as it may cause you to develop cancer.
- The supplements may interact with other drugs and may cause adverse effects. Always ensure that your healthcare provider is informed about the other medications that you are using.
The Vitamin D Deficiency Treatment options can guarantee therapeutic benefits and when you follow the simple guidelines you will eventually regain the required amount of pro-hormones in your body. It is wise to exercise reasonable amount of care in the manner that you do the medication during the healing process especially regarding the dosing of the supplements or the time frame of your sun exposure. The causes of the pro-hormone inadequacy basically come from a person’s incapacity to eat healthy and have a balanced lifestyle. And this is exactly why having the medical problem is quite easy to treat as you only have to practice living healthy on a regular basis.