Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency – How To Know If You Have The Pro-hormone Insufficiency
There are several Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency and there are also various reasons why they occur. Consistently maintaining a healthy diet is believed to be among the greatest defences that a person can have to prevent or reduce the likelihood of Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency.
And this is exactly why many people always see to it that their diet contains a significant level of this pro-hormone to maintain bone health.
The physical or psychological discomforts and health risks that a person may encounter due to insufficient amount of this pro-hormone in the body may be minor nonetheless they can also be severe depending on the level of inadequacy and may need immediate medical help.
Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency
- 1. Muscle Weakness – This can be the first sign that a person’s body has low levels of the pro-hormone. The skeletal muscle fails to function well or properly which causes weakness or pain in the muscles.
- 2. Sleeping Problems – The pro-hormone regulates melatonin which calms the body down and controls its circadian rhythms. When inadequacy takes place the body fails to function well such as being unable to properly metabolize melatonin in the brain areas. This makes it difficult for an individual with the insufficiency to get some sleep or stay asleep.
- 3. Depression And Schizophrenia – The development of psychological disorders or problems such as depression and schizophrenia are associated with the insufficient amount of the pro-hormone in the body. For example, lack of rays from the sun causes Seasonal Affective Disorder. And this is the reason why it is highly recommended to maintain sufficient levels of the pro-hormone in order to maintain and enhance mental function.
- Cardiovascular Disease – Research show that individuals with low levels of this pro-hormone are likely to develop hypertension or congestive heart failure. It is even believed that older adults with the insufficiency are more susceptible to getting cardiovascular disease compared to individuals with adequate levels.
- Periodontal Disease – The pro-hormone produces compounds that can lessen the number of bacteria in the mouth. When a person has inadequate levels of the pro-hormone it increases the development or worsening of a chronic gum disease. This periodontal disease can be bothersome as it causes swelling and bleeding gums.
- Rickets – Otherwise identified as softening of bones in children is a well-known sign of this pro-hormone deficit. However, this problem has been considered minor as food manufacturers have long been fortifying their products with doses of the pro-hormone to compensate the insufficiency.
- Weakened Immune System – Multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases can be a result of not having enough levels of the pro-hormone in the body as the insufficiency takes away the positive effects that the pro-hormone causes to the immune system cells.
- Bone Fragility Or Osteoporosis – Inadequate amount of the pro-hormone in the body equates to lack of calcium balance in the bones. This results to brittle and weakened bones which greatly triggers the occurrence of osteoporosis.
- Cancer – There are quite a number of people who believes that exposure of the sun can cause skin cancer. However, this belief is flawed because it may be true that over-exposure can cause skin cancer but constantly avoiding the sun causes significantly low levels of the pro-hormone and therefore it increases the risk of developing other forms of cancer.
Proven Techniques For Prevention
- If you live in northern latitudes or your work regularly requires you to stay indoors you may need to expose yourself more in a daily basis to the rays of the sun to lessen the risk of the insufficiency.
- Since people with darker skin are more prone to the pro-hormone inadequacy if you have darker complexion you need to expose yourself to the sun more or take supplements.
- Follow a strict vegetarian diet such as fish, fish oils, fortified milk, beef liver and cheese.
- Try to lose weight if you are obese or have an unhealthy figure as the more you get heavier you have greater chances in having the pro-hormone insufficiency.
If in case you are suffering from any of the identified Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency you need to see your healthcare provider and check out the most effective remedies for the condition. You may also need to change your food preference, live an active lifestyle and increase your sun exposure in order to prevent the condition from developing.