Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency – Things That You Should Know
The Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency are becoming more and more prevalent among people all over the world and this is why the insufficiency has become a great concern for those who are considerably at risk.
The Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency may vary from one person to another as their occurrence usually depend on the factors such as age, living environment or diet.
The pro-hormone insufficiency can lead to various symptoms and some of them are really severe and should be prevented.
Various Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency
- In Babies – The pro-hormones are usually obtained through breast-feeding or intake of fortified milks. When the required levels of the pro-hormone are not met, babies tend to suffer from symptoms of the insufficiency such as:
- Rickets which is characterized by delayed growth, weaker bones and susceptibility to fractures.
- Muscle cramps and breathing problems
- In Teens– The teenagers’ bodies require extra amounts of the pro-hormone because of the fact that they are still growing and when the required levels are not met and the insufficiency takes place the following symptoms may appear:
- a. Rickets
- b. Obesity
- c. Bone breaks and pains
- d. Fatigue and depression
- 3. In Women –Due to the insufficiency, the regular functions of the pro-hormone or the hormonal functions are disrupted and reduced. This results to certain symptoms that are only exclusive for women such as the following:
- a. Auto-immune diseases
- b. Weakened Immune System
- c. Bone disorders including Back and bone pain
- d. Forms of Cancers
- e. Psychological problems such as depression and mood swings
- f. Sleep problems
- g. Neurological problems
- Poor growth in children
- In Men– There are also highly identifiable symptoms that men suffers from the pro-hormone insufficiency and they are as follows:
- a. Bone fractures
- b. Joint pains
- c. Arrhythmias
- d. Muscle Weakness
- In The Elderly– The muscle mass and strength are usually reduced as a person ages and this can lead to functional impairment. The potential symptoms of the insufficiency are as follows:
- a. Increased risk of falling
- b. Bone disorders
- c. Muscle weakness
- d. Dementia
- e. Strokes
- f. Diseases in the blood vessels and brain
Associated Medical Conditions And Physical Discomforts
- Serious Bone Diseases– There are different diseases that can develop due to lack of required amounts of the pro-hormone in the body and they are as follows:
- a. Rickets – This disease usually affects children and is characterized by bone deformities of the legs and arms. The insufficiency can result to serious effects on the bone development of children.
- b. Osteomalacia – This is also known as bone-thinning disorder that affects adults and is characterized by bone fragility and weakness of the muscles. Failure to eat foods that are rich in the pro-hormone is believed to be the cause of this disorder.
- c. Osteoporosis – With this medical condition the bones are more prone to fractures as the disease reduces the bone mineral density and heightens bone fragility.
- Cancer – This is among the most frightening symptoms of the pro-hormone insufficiency as it is life-threatening and difficult to cure. The following are the forms of cancer growths that are associated with the insufficiency:
- a. Lung cancer
- b. Ovarian cancer
- c. Breast cancer
- d. Colon cancer
- Others – Certain diseases and discomforts are experienced as symptoms by individuals with the deficiencies such as but not limited to:
- Hair loss or Alopecia
- Bladder problems
- Constipation or diarhhea
- Poor concentration
- Breathing problems
- High blood pressure
How The Symptoms Can Be Prevented
It is always wise to have yourself checked by your healthcare provider and find out whether you are at risk of having the pro-hormone insufficiency. You may be advised to take supplements or engage in healthy activities that involves sun exposure. There are also health diets which you can follow to equip your body with the amount of the pro-hormone that it needs.
Symptoms can manifest if your body is unable to function properly due to lack of nutrients. There can be a lot of causes of the condition and you only need to ensure that you are careful in choosing the foods you eat and are physically active on a regular basis. If you suspect that you may be suffering from any of the Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency start eating the recommended diet or engaging in outdoor activities or better yet see your healthcare provider for treatment.